As a Qualifying Facility (QF) under the Public Utility Regulatory Policy Act of 1978, the project, located in Martin County, FL, supplies capacity and energy to Florida Power and Light Co.
What does PURPA stand for?
PURPA stands for Public Utility Regulatory Policy Act of 1978
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 4 other meanings of PURPA in our Acronym Attic
- Permanent Universal Resource Locator
- Persistent Uniform Resource Locator
- Personal Uniform Resource Locator (customized website)
- Phoenix Urban Research Laboratory (Arizona)
- Public Utilities Risk Management Association
- Public Utility Risk Management Services (Washington)
- People Uplifting Real People
- Philadelphia Urban Resources Partnership (Philadelphia, PA)
- Privatization and Utility Reform Project (private sector development program; Malawi)
- Provision for Unrealized Profit (accounting, consolidated accounts)
- Purdue University Rendering and Perceptualization Laboratory
- [not an acronym] US codename for Japanese diplomatic cipher machine of 1930s & 40s
- Parameters for Urethral Resistance (urology)
- Partnership for Urban Risk Reduction (disasters)
- Passive Urethral Resistance Ratio (urology)
- Pesticide Use and Risk Reduction (est. 1998; agriculture)
- Pick Up Repair and Return
- Partners in Urban Research and Service-Learning (Georgetown University; Washington, DC)
- Pesticide Use Reporting System (State of Oregon)
- PHANTOM Users' Research Symposium (annual conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Public Utility Regulatory Policy Act of 1978 (PURPA) introduced a sea of change in the utility business.
7) The first, albeit small, step toward deregulation was taken with the passage of the Public Utility Regulatory Policy Act of 1978 (PURPA).