If the Benbecula flights go, only the Glasgow to Barra service would remain - which is operated under a Public Service Obligation by the Scottish Government.
What does PSO stand for?
PSO stands for Public Service Obligation (chiefly European)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSO
We have 318 other meanings of PSO in our Acronym Attic
- Protectseniors.org (Washington, DC lobby)
- Protocol Supporting Organization (ETSI, IETF, ITU, W3C Consortium)
- Proud Social Outcast
- Provider Sponsored Organization
- Provincial Sport Organization (Canada)
- Provisioning Service Object (computing)
- Provisions Supply Office
- Prozess Standard Offsetdruck (German: Process Standard Offset)
- Public Safety Officer
- Public Service of Oklahoma
- Publicity Security Officer (US Navy)
- Pressure Shut Off No Air
- Phantasy Star Online 2 (gaming)
- Party San Open Air
- Peck School of the Arts (University of Wisconsin)
- Person Subject of Allegation (Australia)
- Personal Statement of Affairs (financial statement)
- Police Superior Officers Association
- Positional-Slotted Object-Applicative (computer programming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A delay will imply a reduction in the Public Service Obligation (PSO) tariffs until 2020, and lower cost for connecting the farms to the grid.
That is because we have to adhere to strict rules governing State Aid which can be provided only by securing imposition of a Public Service Obligation.
If money has to be found to subsidise the news it's fairer to take it from other broadcasters who don't shoulder ITV's public service obligations than to strip it out of the BBC's income.
9789041125002 Public broadcasting and European law; a comparative examination of public service obligations in six member states.
VETERAN politician Tony Benn was set to accuse the BBC today of a "betrayal" of its public service obligations, following its decision not to broadcast a public appeal for funds for Gaza.