Insp Sarah Booth, of Sandwell police's public protection unit, said officers were trawling CCTV.
What does PPU stand for?
PPU stands for Public Protection Unit (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PPU
We have 74 other meanings of PPU in our Acronym Attic
- Preproduction Unit
- Price Per Unit
- Primary Place of Usage
- Prime Power Unit
- Procurement Policy Unit (UK)
- Production Prototype Unit
- Professional People in Urbe
- Programme de Prévention Urbaine (French)
- Protocol Processing Unit
- Prvi Partizan Uzice (Serbian ammunition company)
- Panitia Pemilihan Umum Akses (Indonesian: General Access Selection Committee)
- Program Provider User Address (code)
- Peoria/Pekin Urbanized Area Transportation Study (Illinois)
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
- Pretty People in Ugly Clothes
- Public-Private Partnerships for Urban Environmental Services (UN Development Programme; South Africa)
- Philadelphia PowerBook Users Group (Macintosh computer group; Philadelphia, PA)
- Perhimpunan Peternak Unggas Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Poultry Breeders Association)
- Pitch and Putt Union of Ireland
- Project Progress Update Meeting
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anyone who can help should call Coventry Public Protection Unit on 101.
Det Sgt Mick Ryan, of the Calderdale Safeguarding Unit, said: "This was a very good proactive policing operation by the Calderdale Public Protection Unit to firstly detect and then stop a dangerous offender who poses a significant risk to children.
A COP who worked in his force's public protection unit has been jailed for four years after being found guilty of abusing his position to set up affairs with vulnerable women.
Detective Sergeant Kevin Evans, from the North Wales Police Strategic Public Protection Unit, said: "These public events give us the opportunity to explain what the scheme means and how it will protect children.
DS Darren Williams, head of the Met Police Public Protection Unit, said: "These types of crime still go unreported and we'll continue to work to gain the trust of communities so victims feel they can come forward.
During February, Northumbria Police Public Protection Unit in Sunderland will work with probation officers from Northumbria Probation Area to target offenders who have been convicted of a violent crime involving a knife.
In a statement, the police said: "West Yorkshire Police's Child and Public Protection Unit is carrying out an investigation into the alleged sexual assault of a child at a nursery in south Leeds.