The report recommends gardai adopt a zero-tolerance policy at similar events in the future with high-visibility policing involving the public order unit, along with horse and dog units.
What does POU stand for?
POU stands for Public Order Unit (various nations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of POU
We have 27 other meanings of POU in our Acronym Attic
- Point of Unusability (equipment maintenance)
- Point Of Use
- Pokhara University (Nepal)
- Polish Open University (Warsaw, Poland)
- Port of Unlading (shipping)
- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA - Dutchess County (Airport Code)
- Pressurizing and Overspeed Unit
- Prevalence of Undernourishment (population proportion)
- Principles of Understanding (water supply management; various locations)
- Program Organization Unit
- Publicly Owned Utility
- Pyrexia of Unknown Origin
- Pou Domain, Class 1, Transcription Factor 1
- Planning Office for Urban Affairs (housing service; Boston, MA)
- Post Office Users Council (UK)
- Point-of-Use Chemical Generation
- Pregnancy Outcomes and Community Health (NIH)
- Post Office Users Council for Scotland
- Pittsburgh Oracle Users Group (Pennsylvania)
- Point Of Use Inventory
Samples in periodicals archive:
Police Chief Mustafa Marangoz was promoted and appointed as the deputy head of the Hatay Police Department's public order unit.
It is hoped gardai freed up by these measures could be assigned to public order units which would actively target repeat offenders in a zerotolerance approach.
By April 2008, the two forces will have a joint firearms, dog section and public order unit.
But the racism only made him more determined and he progressed into departments that were at the time dominated by white men such as the public order unit and CID.
A police public order unit and a trained negotiator were sent to the incident at Paisley Sheriff Court in August, where the 26-year-old had just been sentenced to six months for a motoring offence.
In the last 25 years he has worked in the Criminal Investigation Department, the General Duty squad, the Public Order unit and the vice-squad.
Around 100 members of the Garda's public order unit shadowed the Republicans as they walked across the city.