The Public Employees retirement Fund in Oregon has reportedly lost USD29m due to the alleged misrepresentation by Countrywide and its underwriters.
What does PERF stand for?
PERF stands for Public Employees Retirement Fund
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PERF
We have 11 other meanings of PERF in our Acronym Attic
- Proximal Estrogen-Responsive Element (biochemistry)
- Pontchartrain Ecosystems Research and Education Project (University of New Orleans)
- Performance Evaluation: Theory, Techniques, and Applications (International Conference)
- Perforation (stamp collecting)
- Performance Requirements Framework
- Police Executive Research Forum (incorporated 1977)
- Postal Employees' Relief Fund
- Performance Analysis
- Personnel Functional Area Sub-System
- Painless Electronic Reprogrammable Fuel and Engine Control Technology (electronics; automobiles)
- Peoria Educational Region for Employment and Career Training (Peoria, IL)
- Peroxide in Fuel Estimation and Concentration Test
- Process Enhancement for Reduction of Software Defects
- Purpose Effect Recipient Future Employment Comparison Toward (mnemonic for uses of the Spanish word para)
- Performance Monitor
- Platform Equality and Remedies for Rights Holders in Music Act of 2006 (US)
- Providing Education and Resources to Families and Others Residing in Michigan (autism awareness; Ann Arbor, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Paul Cleary, the director of PERS, said the new rates, although up significantly, are only a few percentage points above what they were six years ago, before stock values in the Public Employees Retirement Fund soared and the 2003 reforms from the PERS Board and the Legislature kicked in.
The reforms, combined with the stock market boom, allowed the Public Employees Retirement Fund to wipe out its shortfall.