World Vision staff in Gaza have conducted a preliminary assessment and World Vision is preparing to provide psychosocial support services, safe spaces for children, women and infants, potable water, food, medical assistance and temporary shelter.
What does PSS stand for?
PSS stands for Psychosocial Support Service (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PSS
We have 644 other meanings of PSS in our Acronym Attic
- Protective Security Service
- Protective Security Specialist
- Protruding Single Strand (genetics)
- Proven Software Solutions (UK)
- Provena Senior Services (Illinois)
- Provider Satisfaction Survey (healthcare)
- Pseudo Steady State
- Pseudo-Search Scan
- Pseudotolithus Senegalensis (aka Cassava Croaker; fisheries)
- Psyber Stream Server (software)
- Public Safety Service
- Public School System
- Public Sector Superannuation (Australia)
- Public Security System (various locations)
- Pulsed Spallation Source
- Pumped Storage Scheme (India)
- Pure Sensory Stroke (medical)
- Perimeter Surveillance System-Closed Circuit Television
- Perceived Social Support from Family
- Performance Status Scale for Head and Neck Cancer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The WHO and the Health Ministry have worked together over the last decade, most recently in an EU-funded Phase 1 project (2008-2011), to reshape mental health and psychosocial support services from a traditional institutional-based approach to a community-based approach.
This funding will also support increased access to basic health care, mobile health clinics, and psychosocial support services to help Syrians.
 Counselors should also be able to give referrals to medical and psychosocial support services.
Be prepared to provide frequent follow-up with college students with learning disabilities and to arrange for appropriate academic and psychosocial support services.