They cover the history of psychiatry and neuroscience, receptor signaling and the cell biology of synaptic transmission, the genetics of schizophrenia, neurological and psychiatric aspects of emotion, cognitive neuropsychological research methods, structural imaging in psychiatric disorders, human functional neuroimaging, neurotransmitters and neuropeptides in depression, animal models, psychiatric epidemiology, emerging methods in the molecular biology of neuropsychiatric disorders, clinical psychoneuroimmunology, and psychiatric rating scales.
What does PNI stand for?
PNI stands for Psychoneuroimmunology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PNI
We have 76 other meanings of PNI in our Acronym Attic
- Pohnpei, Caroline Islands, Micronesia - Pohnpei International (Airport Code)
- Porter Novelli International (public relations; various locations)
- Positive, Negative, Interesting (decision making)
- Positivo, Negativo, Interesante (Spanish: Positive, Negative, Interesting)
- Prescott New Instruction (Intel chips; early codename)
- Princeton Neuroscience Institute (Princeton University; Princeton, NJ)
- Pro Natura International (Paris, France)
- Producción Nacional Independiente (Venezuela)
- Productivity Network, Inc.
- Progressive Networks, Inc.
- Pacific Northwest Ilocandia Association (Port Orchard, WA)
- Party for National Independence of Azerbaijan
- Poker Night in America (TV series)
- Project Nieuwe Inrichting Administraties (Dutch)
- Pacific Northwest Intergovernmental Audit Forum
- Pluggable Non Interactive Authentication Modules (computing)
- Pacific Northwest International College (Canada)
- Palestinian National Information Centre
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) Network Interface Controller (computing)
- Pettit National Ice Center (Olympic training center in Milwaukee, WI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
HAMMERSCHLAG, a leading proponent of psychoneuroimmunology (mind-body-spirit medicine), is chief of community mental health at the Gesundheit
In 1971 he began consulting for the Mind Science Foundation in San Antonio, Texas, and from 1975-1992 was a senior research associate of the MSF, studying parapsychology, states of consciousness, psychophysiology, psychoneuroimmunology, and the use of psychological techniques for physical and mental health.
Its subjects include psychoneuroimmunology, energy medicine, biophysical devices, art and other creative therapies, as well as the role of humour in wellbeing.
This is the science of psychoneuroimmunology and neuroplasticity: as the mind changes, the brain changes.
I teach about some of my experience and give some real facts about cancer, always focusing on the connection with psychoneuroimmunology and even spirituality.
In addition to state-of-the-art traditional medicine, each patient can be seen by a naturopathic physician, dietician, and psychoneuroimmunology counselor free of charge.
Darren is a leading expert in the field of clinicalhypnotherapy, psychoneuroimmunology (PIN), neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and modern psychology.