In 1944, Eisenhower authorized establishment of the Psychological Warfare Division of the Supreme Headquarters, Allied Expeditionary Force (PWD/SHAEF) to support the European campaign against Nazi Germany.
What does PWD stand for?
PWD stands for Psychological Warfare Division (US and UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PWD
We have 87 other meanings of PWD in our Acronym Attic
- Pressure while Drilling (various companies)
- Prevailing Wage Determination
- Print Working Directory (Unix command)
- Printed Wiring Diagram
- Procurement Work Directive
- Professional and Workforce Development (various schools)
- Program Word
- Program Work Directive
- Programmable Warhead Detonation
- Proximity Warning Device
- Public Works Department
- Pulse Width Discrimination
- Pure Word Deafness
- Persons With Disabilities Act
- People with Disabilities Advisory Committee
- People With Drug and Alcohol Problems
- Panel on World Data Centers
- Peninsula Workforce Development Center (Hampton, VA)
- Philadelphia Workforce Development Corporation
- Portugese Water Dog Club of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
In February 1944, McClure, under General Dwight Eisenhower's command, established the Psychological Warfare Division, Supreme Headquarters, Allied Expeditionary Forces (PWD/SHAEF), for the invasion of France and prosecution of the war in mainland Europe.