This pattern of bowel wall enhancement has been observed in patients with radiation enteritis, GVHD, ischemic bowel, intramural hemorrhage, vasculitides such as Henoch-Schonlein purpura, and pseudomembranous colitis.
What does PMC stand for?
PMC stands for Pseudomembranous Colitis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMC
We have 555 other meanings of PMC in our Acronym Attic
- Project Management Consultancy
- Project Management Contract
- Project Management Contractor
- Project Management Cost
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Projects Management Centre
- Proper Motor Car (luxury)
- Property Management Company
- Property Management Corporation (various locations)
- Pseudo Machine Code
- Public Management Consulting (various locations)
- Public Mobile Carrier (FCC)
- PubMed Central (US National Library of Medicine's digital archive)
- Puerto Montt, Chile - Tepual (Airport Code)
- Puffin Modern Classics (publishing; Penguin Group)
- Pune Municipal Corporation
- Punjab Medical College (Faisalabad, Pakistan)
- Purdue Marketing Communications (Purdue University; Indiana)
- Past Master Councilor - Meritorious Service Award (International Order of DeMolay)
- Probe-Fed Multi-Layered Cylindrical-Rectangular Microstrip Antenna (also seen as PMCMSA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nonmalignant disease was present in 51 cases--35 cases of pseudomembranous colitis, 13 of inflammatory bowel disease, and 3 of diverticulitis.
The problem is called pseudomembranous colitis and is caused by Clostridium difficile.