In order to find compounds that can detach the PSD-95 protein from the NMDA receptor, one must have a method for measuring the extent to which the compounds bind to PSD-95.
What does PDZ stand for?
PDZ stands for Psd-95 (Post Synaptic Density Protein), DlgA (Drosophila Disc Large Tumor Suppressor) and ZO1 (Zonula Occludens-1 Protein)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDZ
We have 5 other meanings of PDZ in our Acronym Attic
- Paul Dojack Youth Centre (Regina, Saskatchwean, Canada)
- Port Dalrymple Yacht Club (Australia)
- Pesadillas, Delirios y Locuras (Spanish: Delusions, Nightmares, and Madness; blog)
- Purpose Driven Youth Ministry
- Penang Diocesan Youth Network (Malaysia)
- Please do Your Own Research
- Physics Department, Yarmouk University (Jordan)
- Perfect Dark Zero (video game)
- Permanent Danger Zone (Mayon volcano; Philippines)
- Primary Decidual Zone
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this study, we used NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) spectroscopy and the chemical shift perturbation approach to screen TCM stroke drugs for active components that are capable of binding to the second postsynaptic density 95(PSD-95)/disc large/zonula occludens-1 (PDZ) domain of PSD-95, the scaffold protein linking nNOS and PSD-95 at the postsynaptic membrane of neurons (Brenman et al.