Each mine has a magnetic proximity fuse set to blast the charge upward into the bottom of any metallic vehicle that passes over it.
What does M735 stand for?
M735 stands for Proximity Fuse
This definition appears very rarely
- M6 Membrane Extract (protein)
- Mannose 6-PhosphateIinsulin-Like Growth Factor 2 Receptor
- Mannose-6-Phosphate Reductase
- Major Seventh (music)
- Minor Seventh (music)
- The Marvelous Seven
- Mutation at Residue 73
- Megestrol Acetate 750 Milligrams per Day
- 85 percent / 15 percent unleaded gasoline
- MMAC (Multi Media Access Center) 8-Slot Flexible Network Bus
- MMAC (Multi Media Access Center) 8-Slot Power Supply Module
- Replacement of Methionine at Position 918 with Threonine (molecular biology)
- 5 Ton, 6X6 Truck (MPU Shelter carrier)
- 10 Ton, 8X8 Truck (mobile AAR shelter carrier)
- Maize Chromosome 9 Radiation Hybrids (crop genetics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
3-gram pellets were only going to merely scratch the paint off a mortar round, but could nevertheless (as it has indeed proved, by the way) trigger the proximity fuse (if fitted) or the impact fuze (sheer luck) of the mortar or artillery shell.
During World War II, as director of the Pentagon's Office of Scientific Research and Development, you gave us everything from the proximity fuse to the A-bomb.
In order to prepare the shell for proximity use, the 119 fuse had to be removed with a fuse wrench, the cloth bag was pried out with a screw driver and the proximity fuse screwed into the projectile.
We fired 20 rounds of high explosive ammunition with proximity fuses, then 12 rounds of white phosphorous ammunition.
The missile is armed with a 200 pound high-explosive warhead detonated by a proximity fuse which causes shrapnel to shred the intended target.
As he points out, a narrow difference in timing in the appearance of radar and the proximity fuse might have doomed the aircraft carrier to irrelevance; it was not until well into World War II that a carrier could muster sufficient striking power to hold a combat-ready battleship at risk.
Oh, and one of Crosley's companies was also responsible for work on the top-secret proximity fuse in World War II, considered one of three projects pivotal to the Allied victory, right after the A-bomb and radar.