Iraq as a country ceased -- from the day the provisional Governing Council appointed by the US ruler Paul Bremer in 2003 -- to be the unifying factor that for centuries kept its multi-ethnic, multi-sect and religious population together.
What does PGC stand for?
PGC stands for Provisional Governing Council (Iraq)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PGC
We have 159 other meanings of PGC in our Acronym Attic
- Privacy Guidelines Committee (US FEMA)
- Process Gas Chromatography
- Process Gas Compressor
- Process Gas Consumers Group
- Procurement Group Code
- Produits de Grande Consommation (French: consumer products)
- Professional Graphics Controller
- Program Chain (DVD standards)
- Program Generation Center
- Protecting God's Children
- Psychiatric Genomics Consortium
- Public Gas Corporation
- Public Governance Committee (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)
- Public Grievances Commission (India)
- Purchased Gas Charge
- Proliferator-Activated Receptor-Gamma Coactivator-1 (biochemistry)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Technology Management
- Parker Gun Collectors Association (Wells, ME)
- Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Association (Glenshaw, PA)
- Phloroglucinol Carboxylic Acid
Samples in periodicals archive:
The PLO provisional governing council met in Cairo for the first time in December 2011.
One of the first acts of the Iraqi provisional governing council was to revert their nation's policy to selling Iraqi oil for US dollars only.