THE BALANCED BUDGET ACT OF 1997 MADE IT POSSIBLE for provider sponsored organizations to contract directly with HCFA, serving Medicare beneficiaries much in the same way as traditional Medicare HMOs.
What does PSO stand for?
PSO stands for Provider Sponsored Organization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PSO
We have 318 other meanings of PSO in our Acronym Attic
- Program Staff Office/Officer
- Prohibited Steps Order (UK court order)
- Project Safety Officer
- Project Step Off
- Project Support Office (project management)
- Proprietary Security Officer (various companies)
- Protected Species Observer
- Protectseniors.org (Washington, DC lobby)
- Protocol Supporting Organization (ETSI, IETF, ITU, W3C Consortium)
- Proud Social Outcast
- Provincial Sport Organization (Canada)
- Provisioning Service Object (computing)
- Provisions Supply Office
- Prozess Standard Offsetdruck (German: Process Standard Offset)
- Public Safety Officer
- Public Service Obligation (chiefly European)
- Public Service of Oklahoma
- Publicity Security Officer (US Navy)
- Pressure Shut Off No Air
Samples in periodicals archive:
Less than one percent of CEOs surveyed considered the assumption of Medicare risk through a Provider Sponsored Organization (PSO) a significant priority.