it must not be forgotten that all dialects, including Tuscan, were all, at one time, rival descendants of the same language, Vulgar Latin, also known as Proto-Romance, vying for prominence above and beyond their local contextualized uses.
What does PRom stand for?
PRom stands for Proto-Romance (linguistics)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRom
We have 48 other meanings of PRom in our Acronym Attic
- Procurement Lead Time (also seen as PLT)
- Passive Range Of Motion
- Patient-Reported Outcome Measure
- Please Return on Monday
- Pockels Readout Optical Modulator
- Premature Rupture of Membranes (medical, childbirth)
- Preterm Rupture of the Membranes
- Programmable Read-Only Memory
- Prolonged Rupture of Membranes (pregnancy)
- Promenade (Canada Post road designation)
- Professional Management of Army Comptrollers Application
- Program Managed Contracts Reports
- Intelligent Product Manuals
- Production and Operations Management Association of the Philippines
- Program for the Refinement of the Materiel Acquisition Process
- Program On the Promotion Of Marine Sciences
- Programa Maya de Seguridad Alimentaria (Spanish: Maya Program for Food Security; Guatemala)
- Programmable Magnetic Tape System
- Proform of Eosinophil Major Basic Protein (endogenous inhibitor)
- Probinsya Muna Development Initiative (political party; Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, since, like many scholars, she frames the text as a proto-romance that anticipates later novels, she reads the Scottish parts of Halkett's memoir--her close relationships with women as their companion and life after marrying James Halkett--less carefully.
The rise of these mixed systems, like all other recorded changes in Romance auxiliation, is interpreted as one of the manifestations of the retreat of Proto-Romance active/inactive alignment and of the shift back to a more consistent accusative/nominative orientation.