As of 2009, the Protein Data Bank (PDB) had almost 53,000 three-dimensional structures of protein molecules and nucleic acids.
What does PDB stand for?
PDB stands for Protein Data Bank
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDB
We have 114 other meanings of PDB in our Acronym Attic
- Process Design Bases (piping)
- Product Database
- Produk Domestik Bruto (Indonesian: gross domestic product)
- Produktdatenbeschreibung (German)
- Program Database
- Program Decision Board
- Programmable Delay Block
- Project Database
- Promised Day Brigade (Iraq)
- Protein Brookhaven Data
- Pudong Development Bank (China)
- Pure Discount Bond (finance)
- Python Debugger (software)
- Post Deployment Build-3
- Pacific Dragon Boat Association (various locations)
- Pearl District Business Association (Portland, OR)
- Perfect Dark Battle Arena (online role playing game)
- Philadelpha Dragon Boat Association (Philadelphia, PA)
- Political Database of the Americas (Georgetown University, Washington, DC)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (academic degree)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We started our research by visiting the Protein Data Bank website (www.
The IT7V Zn-[alpha]-2-glycoprotein:baculo-ZAG PEG 200 structure was downloaded from the RCSB Protein Data Bank (1).
In fact the number of sequences entered into public databases over the last several years is increasing at a much faster pace than the number of determined structures entered into the Protein Data Bank.
40452 Domains organized into: --2327 Families --1294 superfamilies --800 folds Correspond to 20619 Protein Data Bank entries.
In fact, of the 1,273 structures submitted to the Protein Data Bank in the first quarter of 2004, 84% were the result of x-ray crystallography experiments and only 13% of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, the other major technique for determining molecular structures.