The Protein Crystal Growth Monitoring by Digital Holographic Microscope for the International Space Station experiment operated on the station this week.
What does PCG stand for?
PCG stands for Protein Crystal Growth
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCG
We have 164 other meanings of PCG in our Acronym Attic
- Primary Care Group
- Private Client Group (banking)
- Process Communication Graph
- Professional Contractors Group
- Profitability Consulting Group
- Program Coordination Group
- Progressive Clergy of Georgia
- Project Control Group
- Project Coordination Group
- Projected Conjugate Gradient
- Protestant Cinema Guild
- Protestants for the Common Good
- Pure Country Gold (Portland, OR rock/punk band)
- Protein Crystal Growth-Single Locker Thermal Enclosure
- Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association
- Personal Concerns and Goals Assessment
- Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary (Philippine Coast Guard civilian volunteer component)
- Physically Challenged Golf Association
- Pepsi Cola General Bottlers Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Phasic Contraction of Gallbladder (gastroenterology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the outstanding questions in protein crystal growth is the effect of gravity on the growth process.
Their experimental results show that mineral particles induce the growth of protein crystals, offering the promise of greatly improved control, reliability and reproducibility in protein crystal growth experiments.
will enhance its focus on delivery of fully integrated automated solutions for high throughput protein crystal growth and screening so as to integrate with Rigaku/MSC's other recent initiatives, including the development of software that spans the entire range from single crystal X-ray diffraction data collection through structure solution (Molecular Images division) as well as Rigaku/MSC's line of high-throughput home laboratory (HomeLab(TM)) and robotic (ACTOR(TM) and AGENT(TM)) X-ray crystallography solutions.
SPACEHAB is providing the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) with launch and on-orbit use of a protein crystal growth incubation system under a contract with Mitsubishi Corporation, SPACEHAB's marketing representative in Japan.
has research interests at the interface of structural biology and chemistry including catalysis, pharmaceutical drug design, crystal engineering, protein crystal growth and crystallography on small molecules and macromolecules.
The paper, titled "A robust and scalable microfluidic metering method that allows protein crystal growth by free interface diffusion," reports FID of model proteins and reagents, enabled by the Topaz Microprocessor, produces more crystals than widely used vapor diffusion or microbatch techniques.
Space Protein Crystal Growth (JUSPRO) experiment on STS-107.