This prospective cohort study aimed to determine if there is an association between HDL-C or apolipoprotein A-1 levels and cardiovascular disease across a range of low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) and apolipoprotein B100 levels in women.
What does PCS stand for?
PCS stands for Prospective Cohort Study (various organizations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCS
We have 999 other meanings of PCS in our Acronym Attic
- Progressively-Censored Sample
- Project Control System
- Projected Coordinate System
- Promotion of Chemical Safety (WHO)
- Propagation Conditions Summary
- Property Claim Services (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Property Consultancy Services (various companies)
- Property Control System
- Proposed Committee Substitute
- Propulsion Control System
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer Symposium
- Protective Coatings Specialist (Society for Protective Coatings certification)
- Provo Canyon School (Orem, UT)
- Proximal Coronary Sinus
- Prussian Claims Society
- Psychological Counseling Service
- Psychology and Communication Studies (various universities)
- Psychology Community Services
- Public and Commercial Services (Union)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The findings come from a secondary analysis of 1,007 women enrolled in a prospective cohort study of pelvic floor outcomes.
Women in the UK who plan to give birth at home or in a midwifery unit are more likely to have a vaginal birth with less intervention compared with women who plan to give birth in an obstetric unit, according to a prospective cohort study of 64,538 women giving birth at home, in freestanding midwifery-led units (on a hospital site with an obstetric unit) or obstetric units across the UK from April 2008-April 2010.
Our large-scale, population-based prospective cohort study is one of the first to include a wide range of tea intakes; women who drank green tea less than 1 cup per week to those who drank 10 or more cups per day.
A prospective cohort study of biomarkers of prenatal tobacco smoke exposure: the correlation between serum and meconium and their association with infant birth weight.
Extended use of the vaginal contraceptive ring is an effective birth control method that is well-tolerated by women and offers non-contraceptive benefits, according to a prospective cohort study conducted between April 2004 and March 2005 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Prospective cohort study of soy food intake and colorectal cancer risk in women.
The participants were part of the Rotterdam Study, a population-based, prospective cohort study involving subjects aged 55 years and older who were followed for a mean of 10.