uk Global Banking News - 26 November 2012 The Indian central bank said that it would soon allow Aadhaar, a social security-like facility, as proof of identity for banking transactions.
What does POI stand for?
POI stands for Proof of Identity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of POI
We have 105 other meanings of POI in our Acronym Attic
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Principal Operations Inspector
- Principles of Instruction
- Prior Owner Inscription (book markings)
- Probability of Identification (statistics)
- Probability Of Intercept
- Products Of Inertia
- Program Oral Interpretation (forensics speech)
- Program(s) Of Instruction
- Programme of Inquiry (education)
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Insurance
- Protection of Investment
- Purchase Order Index
- Purchase Order Invoice
- PURL-Based Object Identifier
- Purveyor of Innovation (marketing)
- Podkarpacka Okregowa Izba Aptekarska (Poland; pharmaceuticals management)
- Pak-Oman Investment Company Limited (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Payload Operations Integration Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jaipur, Aug 4 ( ANI ): Following instances of use of cycles in the recent blasts, police on Saturday here directed all dealers to make proof of identity mandatory for purchasing cycles to avert any militant attacks.
The IRS has reduced to 13 from 40 the number of documents it will accept as proof of identity to obtain an ITIN.
The card presents evidence of both employment eligibility and proof of identity.
Summary: Ministers should consider requiring voters to produce proof of identity when they go to the polls, the elections watchdog has said.