Ascorbate is consumed stoichiometrically in the uncoupled reactions catalyzed by prolyl 4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase.
What does P4H stand for?
P4H stands for Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase (enzyme)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of P4H
- Polarized Four-Dot (eyes)
- Pollworkers for Democracy
- Pray 4 Death (gaming clan)
- Provincial Committee for Labor Dispute Resolution
- Partnership for Education
- Partnership for Excellence
- Pentium 4 Extreme Edition (Intel)
- Partnership for Giving (Merck & Co., Inc.; New Jersey)
- Persona 4 Golden (gaming)
- Philosophy for Global Citizenship (educational initiative)
- Providing for Health (international health initiative)
- Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase Alpha-1
- Prolyl 4-hydroxylase, beta (polypeptide)
- Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading
- Partnership for Innovation
- Physical, Physiological and Psychological Prediction Intelligence
- Playing 4 Keeps (gaming)
- Partnership for Learning
- Property for London (UK)
- Mobile Pentium 4 (Intel laptop processor)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ABSTRACT : Prolyl 4-hydroxylase (P4H) plays a central role in collagen synthesis by catalyzing the hydroxylation of the proline residue in the X-Pro-Gly amino acid sequence, and controls the biosynthesis of collagen that influences overall meat quality.
Beneficial effects of inhibitors of prolyl 4-hydroxylase in C[Cl.