Prolonged mechanical ventilation (MV) is expensive.
What does PMV stand for?
PMV stands for Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMV
We have 83 other meanings of PMV in our Acronym Attic
- Present Market Value
- Pressure Modulation Valve
- Pressure Monitoring Valve
- Preventative Maintenance Visit
- Price Mix Volume
- Private Market Valuation
- Private Motor Vehicle
- Process Map Visual (Amazon)
- Production Master Valve
- Project MultiVitamin (band)
- Proteomics and Metabolomics Victoria (Victoria, Australia)
- Prüfmittelverwaltung (German: Test Equipment)
- Public Motor Vehicle (transportation)
- Pulmonary Microvascular Pressure
- Pulse Motor Valve (air conditioning)
- Pure Multi-Visit
- Poly Methyl Vinyl Ether/Maleic Anhydride
- Predicted Mean Vote/Percentage of Persons Dissatisfied Questionnaire
- Probable Migraine with Visual Aura
- Pocono Mountains Vacation Bureau (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2) Contraindications Advancing age (>70 y) Prolonged mechanical ventilation (>7 d) Surgically correctable causes Pneumothorax, effusions, endoluminal obstructions Intracardiac shunts, valvular pathology, incomplete revascularization Medical problems incompatible with prolonged survival Advanced malignancies Contraindications to anticoagulation Irreversible neurologic dysfunction (dementia, stroke, hemorrhage) Medical futility (i.
Affected patients were often young adults, pregnant or postpartum, obese, had severe respiratory failure before ECMO, and received prolonged mechanical ventilation and ECMO support," said the authors.
Five risk factors for infection or colonization with gram-negative organisms have surfaced frequently in studies: severity of illness, prolonged mechanical ventilation, prior antimicrobial exposures, prolonged hospital or ICU stay, and exposure to invasive medical devices.
Structural features of tracheal tube biofilm formed during prolonged mechanical ventilation.
Pediatric patients with chronic respiratory conditions requiring prolonged mechanical ventilation represent complex case-examples for home care discharge planning and management.