The researchers were able to home in on a single amino acid, called proline, and discovered that HF targeted and inhibited a particular enzyme (tRNA synthetase EPRS) responsible for incorporating proline into proteins that normally contain it.
What does PRO stand for?
PRO stands for Proline (Amino Acid)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRO
We have 177 other meanings of PRO in our Acronym Attic
- Producer Responsibility Organisation
- Professional Review Organization (healthcare)
- Programmed Reduction Objective(s)
- Progressive Rate Optimal
- Prohibition Party
- Project Residence Office (US Coast Guard)
- Proper Ram-air Orientation (parachute packing method)
- Propuesta Republicana (Spanish: Republican Proposal; Argentina)
- Prospect Research Online (Canada)
- Protracted Refugee and Displaced Person Operations (until May 1998; see PRRO)
- Provo (Amtrak station code; Provo, UT)
- Public Record Office (British Archives)
- Public Relations Officer
- Public Relations Organization (various organizations)
- Publication Requirement Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kyowa Hakko Bio can also produce a variety of highly pure proline derivatives such as D-proline and cis-3-hydroxy-L-proline, in addition to trans-4-hydroxy-L-proline.
ProLine Technologies has developed a new air inversion process for cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) installations that is designed to simplify and speed rehabilitation of old and failing pipes.
Darlington has switched the power source for all Proline bows from the C/P/S cam system (still used on Darton bows) to anew single-cam of his own design.
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering ENZYME CATALYSIS OF PROLINE ISOMERIZATION IN CRO F58W Melva T.
Only proline was superior to urea in providing flexibility in concentrations up to 29 percent of the weight of the composites.