By a 63-37 margin, Michigan voters overwhelmingly rejected a proposal on the statewide November 6 ballot that would have negatively impacted the merit shop construction workforce by nullifying the ban on government-mandated project labor agreements (PLAs) and preventing Michigan from becoming a right-to-work state, among other changes.
What does PLA stand for?
PLA stands for Project Labor Agreements
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PLA
We have 273 other meanings of PLA in our Acronym Attic
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Proactive Logistics Assessment
- Probabilistic Luck Assessment
- Procurement Liaison Auditor (Defense Contract Audit Agency)
- Product License Application (FDA)
- Product Listing Ads (marketing)
- Professional Labor Assistant
- Professional Landscape Architect
- Professional Loadmaster Association
- Programmable Logic Array
- Project Leadership Associates (various locations)
- Proliteracy America (education)
- Property Law Act (various locations)
- Property Lease Agreement
- Provincial Liberal Association (Ontario, Canada)
- Provincial Licensing Authority (South Africa)
- Public Land Acquisition
- Public Lands Act (Canada)
- Public Library Association
- Public Library Authority (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We saw in races throughout the country that voters expect more [and] want time spent on solving problems, not rehashing old fights on issues long settled, such as infrastructure investments, prevailing wages, project labor agreements, workforce development, and health and retirement security.
have been built by our members under the national project labor agreements (NPLA), these negotiations and the administration of the NPLAs have become a major responsibility of the PLCA.
President Obama has issued an executive order encouraging the use of project labor agreements on large federal construction projects.
Construction unions have recently been aggressively attempting to negotiate Project Labor Agreements with owners to require that all workers on a project must join a union as a condition of employment," says Larson.