She has a mutant gene for prohormone convertase 1, an enzyme that activates certain proteins, including insulin, as the final step in their production.
What does PC stand for?
PC stands for Prohormone Convertase (enzyme)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PC
We have 356 other meanings of PC in our Acronym Attic
- Program Code
- Program Control
- Program Coordinator
- Program Counter
- Programmable Controller
- Programme Committee (various organizations)
- Progress Check
- Progressive Coalition (Political Party, Burlington, Vermont)
- Progressive Communist (politics)
- Progressive Conservative Party of Canada
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another potential convertase is the prohormone convertase 1 (PC1), which exists in atrial myocytes and maycleave proANP (28), but it is unknown whether PC1 circulates or whether it may process proBNP.