Groove instead to the old Prohibition Party hit: "I'd rather be right than president/I want my con- science clear.
What does PRO stand for?
PRO stands for Prohibition Party
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRO
We have 177 other meanings of PRO in our Acronym Attic
- Prioritized Regional Objective
- Problem Resolution Officer
- Producer Responsibility Organisation
- Professional Review Organization (healthcare)
- Programmed Reduction Objective(s)
- Progressive Rate Optimal
- Project Residence Office (US Coast Guard)
- Proline (Amino Acid)
- Proper Ram-air Orientation (parachute packing method)
- Propuesta Republicana (Spanish: Republican Proposal; Argentina)
- Prospect Research Online (Canada)
- Protracted Refugee and Displaced Person Operations (until May 1998; see PRRO)
- Provo (Amtrak station code; Provo, UT)
- Public Record Office (British Archives)
- Public Relations Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lantzer explores the tension between the IASL and the Prohibition Party (which considered the IASL too prone to compromise with wets), examines the incomplete and ineffective attempts of the IASL and the national Anti-Saloon League to attract African Americans and Catholics into the dry coalition, and analyzes the Ku Klux Klan as a dry Protestant rival to the IASL.
That's what science is all about, finding answers" It would be easy to dismiss the Reconstructionists as the lunatic fringe, no more worrisome than the remnants of the Prohibition Party.
SOURCE: THE NEW YORK TIMES 208 Number of votes received in the 2000 presidential election by the candidate of the Prohibition Party, which favors outlawing the sale of alcohol SOURCE: THE NEW YORKER 42,643 Number of people killed in traffic accidents in the United States in 2003.
Write-in tickets with declared candidates exist for the American Party, Concerns of People Party, Constitution Party, Green Party, Libertarian Party, Peace & Freedom Party, Personal Choice Party (featuring famous porn star Marilyn Chambers as its vice presidential candidate), Prohibition Party, Reform Party (Ralph Nader's ticket), three different Socialist parties and the Workers World Party.
Possibly for the Prohibition Party, which has its own Presidential candidate and has already achieved prohibition, until 6pm.