This study examined the effects of a progressive resistance training program in addition to soccer training on the physical capacities of male adolescents, and concluded that soccer training alone improves maximum strength of the lower limps and agility, while resistance training improves maximal strength of the upper and the lower body.
What does PRT stand for?
PRT stands for Progressive Resistance Training (fitness)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRT
We have 189 other meanings of PRT in our Acronym Attic
- Product Readiness Testing
- Product Review Team (US DoD)
- Production Resource/Tool
- Production Resources and Tools
- Professional and Regulatory Training
- Professional Research Tool
- Professional Responsibility Tribunal
- Profit Resource Timeline
- Program Reference Table
- Program Requirements Team
- Project Reality Tournament (video game)
- Project Review Team
- ProRealTime (financial software)
- Proton Remnant Tagger
- Provider Resiliency Training (US DoD)
- Provider Terminal
- Provincial Reconstruction Team (Iraq)
- Provisional Registration Training
- Provisionally Registered Teacher (Australia & New Zealand)
- Public Relation Training
Samples in periodicals archive:
The purpose of this study was to test the effects of ginger supplementation and progressive resistance training on indices of cardiovascular risk in obese Iranian men, and to investigate whether the interaction between these two interventions could provide additional benefits.
We firmly believe based on this research that progressive resistance training should be encouraged among healthy older adults to help minimize the loss of muscle mass and strength as they age," said Peterson.
The objective of this study was to analyse the effects of eight weeks of progressive resistance training (PRT) compared with aerobic exercise (AE) on glycaemic control, metabolic profile, cardiovascular fitness parameters and general well being in adults with type 2 diabetes.
18) * Progressive resistance training with an aerobic component, undertaken for 16 weeks, reduced trunk fat mass in patients on ART.
In another small study, patients followed a highly intensive and progressive resistance training regimen for 8 weeks in conjunction with nutritional counseling.
Key Words: Mental retardation, Transition, Progressive resistance training ********** Recent trends in special education reform highlight and strengthen ties between school and community by identifying successful transition practices that facilitate increased work performance while participants are still enrolled in high school (5).
The investigators asked half the volunteers to serve as controls and half to undergo progressive resistance training, or PRT, such as weight lifting, three times a week for 16 weeks.