This is perhaps because many camp leaders were also educators, and the growing popularity of the progressive education movement (the Progressive Education Association, founded in 1919, enjoyed its greatest success during the interwar years) gave this philosophy widespread visibility within camping circles (Paris, 2008).
What does PEA stand for?
PEA stands for Progressive Education Association (est. 1919)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PEA
We have 236 other meanings of PEA in our Acronym Attic
- Private Employment Agency (various locations)
- Procurement Executives' Association
- Professional Employees Association (Canada)
- Professional Engineer and Architect
- Program Effectiveness Assessment (California)
- Program Element Administrator
- Program Environmental Assessment
- Programmatic Environmental Assessment (US FEMA)
- Programme d'Études en Allemagne (French: Study Program in Germany)
- Programme Exoertise et Appui
- Projeto Esperança Animal (Brazil, Portuguese)
- Protected Earnings Amount (child support; Australia)
- Provincial Electricity Authority (Thailand)
- Psychic Entertainers Association
- Public Economic Agency
- Public Education Advocates
- Public Education Agency (various locations)
- Public Employment Agency
- Public Entities of America (brokerage agency; Alpharetta, GA)
- Pulmonary Endarterectomy
Samples in periodicals archive:
Consider another example: the Progressive Education Association officially expired in 1955, yet 20 years later many schools were still providing the curriculum recommended by its Life Adjustment subsidiary--that 20 percent of high-school students should receive vocational training, 60 percent a "general" curriculum, including such courses as "marriage and the family," and the remaining 20 percent academic instruction.
Progressive education: From arcady to academe: A history of the Progressive Education Association 1919-1955.