Herrold's singular contribution to the NACO-Music Project (NMP), part of the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), inspired the nomination for this award.
What does PCC stand for?
PCC stands for Program for Cooperative Cataloging
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCC
We have 1015 other meanings of PCC in our Acronym Attic
- Production Compression Capability
- Production Control Center (software)
- Professional Car Cleaning (UK)
- Professional Certified Coach (International Coach Federation)
- Professional Clinical Counselor
- Profile Corrective Course (transportation engineering)
- Profiler Control Center (Boulder, CO)
- Program Class Code (US NIH)
- Program Coordination Committee
- Program Cost Commitment (NASA)
- Program-Counter-Based Classification (computing)
- Progressive Care Center (various organizations)
- Project Change Control
- Project Cost Commitments
- Proof Carrying Code
- Propulsion Control Console
- Prostate Cancer Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Protected Cell Companies
- Protection Civile Canada (Emergency Preparedness Canada)
- Prothrombin Complex Concentrate
Samples in periodicals archive:
Defined and promulgated by the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) and the Cooperative National Serials (CONSER) Project, the core record concept is intended to fulfill cataloging objectives while reducing the cost of the cataloging (Cromwell, 1994).
Building on the successes of these cooperative ventures (OCLC, RLG, and the NACO-Music Project), the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) has recently initiated similar programs for the creation of music bibliographic records coded as fully authorized (BIBCO) and also for the cooperative contribution of music subject terms appropriate for Library of Congress Subject Headings (SACO).