In 1999, CMS began transferring the responsibility for detecting and deterring fraud and abuse in Medicare Parts A and B from carrier and fiscal intermediary fraud units to Program Safeguard Contractors.
What does PSC stand for?
PSC stands for Program Safeguard Contractor (US Medicare)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSC
We have 865 other meanings of PSC in our Acronym Attic
- Product Support Coordinator
- Production Schedule Completion
- Production Sharing Contract
- Production Surveillance Category
- Products and Services Committee (Cooperative Action by Victorian Academic Libraries; Australia)
- Professional Service Corporation
- Professional Services Contract
- Professional Services Council
- Professional Standards Commission
- Proficiency in Survival Craft
- Program Scientific Committee (conferences)
- Program Service Center (Social Security Administration)
- Program Site Coordinator (EPA)
- Program Steering Committee
- Program Support Center (US DHHS)
- Program Support Communications
- Programmable Security Code (software)
- Programmable Sort Controller
- Programme des Spécialistes Canadiens (Canadian Specialists Program)
- Programme Sectoriel Centralisé (French: Centralized Sector Program; Algeria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These protocols will be used by a program safeguard contractor (i.
Jensen has served since 2000 as the medical director of the Western Integrity Center (WIC), the program safeguard contractor for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), for 15 Western states.