Although produced by cells in a noncomplexed form consisting of 2 PAPP-A subunits, in pregnancy and in the healthy population PAPP-A is found in blood predominantly as a covalent complex of 2 PAPP-A subunits and 2 proform of eosinophil major basic protein (proMBP) subunits (10,11).
What does ProMBP stand for?
ProMBP stands for Proform of Eosinophil Major Basic Protein (endogenous inhibitor)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Promenade (Canada Post road designation)
- Proto-Romance (linguistics)
- Professional Management of Army Comptrollers Application
- Program Managed Contracts Reports
- Intelligent Product Manuals
- Production and Operations Management Association of the Philippines
- Program for the Refinement of the Materiel Acquisition Process
- Program On the Promotion Of Marine Sciences
- Programa Maya de Seguridad Alimentaria (Spanish: Maya Program for Food Security; Guatemala)
- Programmable Magnetic Tape System
- Probinsya Muna Development Initiative (political party; Philippines)
- Parliament Rolls of Medieval England (UK)
- Passive Range of Motion Exercise
- Program for Monitoring Emerging Diseases
- Programa de Educación Intercultural Multilingüe de Centroamérica (Spanish)
- Productivity Measurement and Enhancement System
- Professionnels Romands de l'Energie Solaire (French: Swiss Professionals in Solar Energy)
- Program for Mastery in Engineering Studies (University of Houston, TX)
- Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act of 2016 (federal law)
- Probabilistic Ranking of Methods Based on Execution Scenarios and Information Retrieval
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the circulation of pregnant women, PAPP-A predominantly exists as a 500-kDa heterotetrameric 2:2 complex with the proform of eosinophil major basic protein (proMBP), denoted PAPP-A/proMBP.
Pregnancy-associated plasma protein A and its endogenous inhibitor, the proform of eosinophil major basic protein (proMBP), are related to complex stenosis morphology in patients with stable angina pectoris.
The circulating form of PAPP-A is a heterotetrameric complex composed of two 200- to 250-kDa PAPP-A subunits disulfide-bridged to two 50- to 90-kDa molecules of the proform of eosinophil major basic protein (proMBP) (2).
Identification of angiotensinogen and complement C3dg as novel proteins binding the proform of eosinophil major basic protein in human pregnancy serum and plasma.
PAPP-A is a placenta-derived glycoprotein present in circulation at term as a covalent complex with equimolar amounts of the proform of eosinophil major basic protein (proMBP), which is also synthesized in the placenta during pregnancy [191.