One example he cited was to provide the information-management resources needed to support preadmission requirements of professional review organizations.
What does PRO stand for?
PRO stands for Professional Review Organization (healthcare)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRO
We have 177 other meanings of PRO in our Acronym Attic
- Preplanned Response Option
- Pricing and Revenue Optimization (Manugistics Group, Inc.)
- Principal Race Officer (sailboat racing)
- Prioritized Regional Objective
- Problem Resolution Officer
- Producer Responsibility Organisation
- Programmed Reduction Objective(s)
- Progressive Rate Optimal
- Prohibition Party
- Project Residence Office (US Coast Guard)
- Proline (Amino Acid)
- Proper Ram-air Orientation (parachute packing method)
- Propuesta Republicana (Spanish: Republican Proposal; Argentina)
- Prospect Research Online (Canada)
- Protracted Refugee and Displaced Person Operations (until May 1998; see PRRO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AARP does fund some interesting things like this group in Washington that does research and provides educational information to the consumer members of the state medical-licensing boards and the professional review organizations, but it's a tiny, tiny amount of its massive, several-hundred-million-dollar budget.
In retrospect, the untimely demise of professional standards review organization (PSROs) and their replacement by professional review organizations (PROs) is an example of such a missed opportunity.
Practicing medicine is tough enough in this new world of intense accountability, public scrutiny, professional review organizations that seem to be looking to find fault with physicians, malpractice, and forecasts of lower income.