The mark is endorsed by four member countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and indicates that a product is in conformance with EU Product Safety Directives.
What does PSD stand for?
PSD stands for Product Safety Directive
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PSD
We have 442 other meanings of PSD in our Acronym Attic
- Prestation Solidarité Dépendance (French: Solidarity Benefit Dependency)
- Prevention of Serious Deterioration
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration
- Primary Storage Device (computing)
- Principal Shopping District (Michigan)
- Printed Strip Dipole
- Printer Sharing Device
- Private Sector Development
- Process Shutdown (oil, chemical and process industries)
- Process Specification Departure
- Product Sales Data
- Product Service Description (Interoperability Elements of Service)
- Product Specifications Document
- Product System Demonstration
- Production Services Directory (film; various locations)
- Production Shutdown
- Professional Software Development
- Professional Staff Development
- Professional Standards Directorate (UK)
- Professional Standards Division
Samples in periodicals archive:
Incidentally, the General Product Safety Directive (2001/95/EC) defines other professionals in the supply chain as well as distributors.
The EC's general product safety directive came into force in January 2004 to protect consumers from unsafe goods.
The 2004 General Product Safety Directive (GPSD) that is now being implemented in all EU countries increases responsibilities for manufacturers and distributors.
An EU directive - the General Product Safety Directive - came into force in December 2001, requiring governments to strengthen product safety laws.
An EU product safety directive came into force in December 2001, requiring governments to strengthen safety laws.