Looking at market performance by PC form factor, mobile PC processor unit shipments rose 6.
What does PRU stand for?
PRU stands for Processor Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PRU
We have 58 other meanings of PRU in our Acronym Attic
- POGO Research Unit
- Poison Reverse Update
- Population Research Unit
- Portable Replay Unit
- Potomac Rugby Union (Washington, DC)
- Poultry Research Unit (Glasgow University Veterinary School)
- Poverty Research Unit (University of Sussex)
- Power Rectifier Unit
- Power Regulation Unit
- Primary Reporting Unit (US DoD)
- Production Representative Unit
- Program Resources Unit
- Program Review Unit (various organizations)
- Programmable Real-Time Unit
- Programme de Réparations d'Urgences
- Projets de Rénovation Urbaine
- Provincial Reconnaissance Unit
- Prudential Financial
- Pruhonice (seismological station)
- Pseudo-Random Upstream (Sequence)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture helps eliminate the bottlenecks inherent in a front-side bus by directly connecting the processors, the memory controller and the I/O to the central processor unit, improving overall system performance and efficiency.
IDC believes that higher desktop processor ASPs enabled by HyperThreading technology and the new 800MHz front-side bus as well as mobile PC processor unit shipments and the higher ASPs of those units helped to compensate for modestly lower desktop PC processor unit shipments.
An industry pioneer since 1985, ATI is the world's foremost visual processor unit (VPU) provider and is dedicated to deliver leading-edge performance solutions for the full range of PC and Mac desktop and notebook platforms, workstation, set-top and digital television, game console and handheld markets.
Based on the integration of content addressable memory (CAM) and high-performance logic, IDT's IP co-processors support network processor units (NPUs) and application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) to accelerate deep packet classification and forwarding in core, metro and access routers.