The result was often process shutdowns and delays while flowmeters were physically removed from operation and shipped overseas for calibration, service or performance diagnostics.
What does PSD stand for?
PSD stands for Process Shutdown (oil, chemical and process industries)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSD
We have 442 other meanings of PSD in our Acronym Attic
- Presidential Security Detail (US State Department)
- Pressure-Sensitive Digitizer
- Prestation Solidarité Dépendance (French: Solidarity Benefit Dependency)
- Prevention of Serious Deterioration
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration
- Primary Storage Device (computing)
- Principal Shopping District (Michigan)
- Printed Strip Dipole
- Printer Sharing Device
- Private Sector Development
- Process Specification Departure
- Product Safety Directive
- Product Sales Data
- Product Service Description (Interoperability Elements of Service)
- Product Specifications Document
- Product System Demonstration
- Production Services Directory (film; various locations)
- Production Shutdown
- Professional Software Development
- Professional Staff Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Large and full tankage between processes to forestall any process shutdowns due to unforeseen problems in adjacent areas.