INTRODUCTION Estimation of process capability together with statistical control and design of experiments are statistical methods that have been used for years in an attempt to reduce variability of production process and their final products (Dietrich & Schulze, 1999).
What does Cp stand for?
Cp stands for Process Capability (statistics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Cp
We have 227 other meanings of Cp in our Acronym Attic
- Custodial Parent (child support enforcement; parent or guardian having legal custody of a minor child)
- Customer Pilot (Sprint)
- Customer Premise (telephony)
- Cutting Permit (forestry)
- Cyclic Prefix
- Cysteine Proteinase
- Plasma Concentration
- Prismatic Coefficient (naval architecture)
- Chemically Protected Deployable Medical System (US Army)
- Collectively Protected Deployable Medical System
- Constrained Pairwise Sequence Alignment (algorithm)
- Children's Pediatricians and Associates
- Crispin Porter & Bogusky
- Crime Prevention and Community Safety Council (Tasmania)
- Carter Photography & Design (Montgomery, AL)
- Construction, Planning, and Design
- Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health (journal)
- Commercial Publishing and Graphic Arts
Samples in periodicals archive:
As mentioned, the best way to express the ability of equipment to perform according to the product's design is to use process capability indices (Cp, Cpk, etc.
After some trial and error, Limtech developed a new process capability that could benefit other LSR molders in similar circumstances.
Process capability is defined as "the portion of a predictable process output that remains within the specification limits.
Cpk is a measurement of process capability that can tell molders the expected level of defects for a given part.
It consists of four variables: high and low limits for material shrinkage and high and low limits for process capability.