Probability of detection is important given that "organizations that think they have managed risk have often overlooked the critical exposures along their supply chains" (Juttner, Peck, and Christopher 2003, 198).
What does PROBDET stand for?
PROBDET stands for Probability of Detection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Programa de Oferta Agropecuaria (Spanish)
- Principal Office for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCO)
- Principal Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCO)
- CAD-Based Programming System for Arc Welding Robots in One-Off-Production Runs
- Programa Regional Ambiental para Centro América (Guatemala)
- Peer Review Oversight Board (accounting; Missouri and Texas)
- People's Republic of Bangladesh
- Project for On-Board Autonomy (technology demonstration missions of the European Space Agency)
- Personal Research on Basically Everything (education)
- Pilot Radiation Observation Experiment (Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Climate Research Facility; US Department of Energy)
- Preternatural Research Bureau (Doctor Who spinoff series)
- Program Optimization & Budget Evaluation
- Project Review and Objective Evaluation (health records; UK)
- Prose Reading Observation Evaluation (New Zealand)
- Prospective, Randomized, Open, Blinded End-Point (clinical trial design)
- Provincial Broadband Extension (New Zealand)
- Proxy Based Estimating (software development)
- Public Report on Basic Education in India (1999)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although variable detection may be accounted for to some degree in indices of abundance, the assumption is that probability of detection is constant and unaffected by habitat, surveying effort, or surveying method.
With its innovative XpertSuite of features, the new XL Go+ portable VideoProbe from the inspection technologies business of GE Measurement and Control offers improved probability of detection (POD), to provide increased efficiency, reliability and productivity in a range of inspection tasks in confined, hard-to-reach locations.
This increases the quality of the x-ray image and improves the sensitivity and probability of detection, resulting in outstanding product safety.
adds to the impressive low probability of detection, low probability of interception that only a lasercom link can provide[much greater than], mentioned Dean Senner, President and CEO of Aoptix.
Performance standards for detector systems often include requirements for probability of detection and probability of false alarm at a specified level of statistical confidence.