The private military company Academi - formerly Blackwater and, more recently, Xe - is the proud winner of a no-bid contract that will keep them profiting off Uncle Sam's wars for the next few years, the RT said.
What does PMC stand for?
PMC stands for Private Military Company
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PMC
We have 555 other meanings of PMC in our Acronym Attic
- Pressure-Modulator Cell
- Preventive Maintenance Center
- Preventive Medicine Clinic (various locations)
- Preventive Medicine Countermeasures
- Primary Mission Capable
- Prime Mission Contract/Contractor (NASA)
- Primitive Methodist Church (various locations)
- Principauté de Monte Carlo
- Print Management Control
- Private Media Company (Myanmar)
- Private Military Contractor
- Proactive Monitoring Center
- Process Measurement & Controls, Inc. (Danbury, CT)
- Process Modelling Component
- Process Module Controller
- Procurement Management Council
- Procurement Method Code
- Procurement, Marine Corps
- Product Market Combination
- Production Technology Management Committee (Of the European Broadcasting Union)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He left the Army in 1994 and founded Sandline International, a controversial private military company at the heart of a political scandal which ultimately brought down the government in Papua New Guinea.
A company well known within Somalia is the disgraced South African-linked private military company Saracen International, which was identified by the UN Security Council as a threat to the peace and security of Somalia.
The 120 million dollar deal given to private military company, Blackwater, by the U.
The Hunger star will play a British agent who teams up with her but is shown to be untrustworthy, while McGregor will play the owner of a private military company.
In the movie, District 9 is a township-like settlement where South Africa s government wants to relocate the aliens, hiring a private military company called Multinational United to take charge of the operation.
Triple Canopy, a Virginia-based private military company, will replace Blackwater, which operated to protect US government personnel in Iraq.