The issuance of the tax -exempt bonds for both projects is contingent on the receipt from the Internal Revenue Service of a favorable private letter ruling.
What does PLR stand for?
PLR stands for Private Letter Ruling (IRS)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of PLR
We have 84 other meanings of PLR in our Acronym Attic
- Physician Labeling Rule (US FDA)
- Pig Launcher & Receiver (oceaneering)
- Pipeline and Riser (offshore drilling)
- Place Louis Riel (hotel; Winnipeg, Canada)
- Polská Lidová Republika (People's Republic of Poland)
- Preliminary Loss Report (US Army)
- Prequential Likelihood Ratio
- Primary Lock Reinforcement (various companies)
- Prime Lending Rate
- Private Label Rights
- Programmable Logic Relay
- Pronóstico de Largo-Rango (Spanish: Long-Range Forecast)
- Proportional Loss Rate
- Provider of Last Resort (electric utility)
- Public Lending Right
- Public Letter of Reprimand (Medical Board of California)
- Public Liberty Radio
- Pulse Link Repeater
- Pupillary Light Response
- Partido Liberal Radical Autentico (Paraguay)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet, in Private Letter Ruling 200121031, the IRS addressed damages for a disease, finding a recovery against an asbestos manufacturer to be excludable, even though there was no physical contact with the plaintiff.
In its first private letter ruling on a medical reimbursement program, the IRS responded to a taxpayer's request for guidance on a reimbursement plan for certain of its employees' expenses not covered under the company health insurance program (www.
For example, the IRS issued a number of private letter rulings to taxpayers that sanctioned a hospital's sale of part of its operations revenue stream to a joint venture between the hospital and medical staff physicians.
A recently released IRS Private Letter Ruling offers some assurance to those considering this strategy.