Organizations that protect only newer PI with the latest encryption and privacy enhancing technologies are placing their former and current customers at risk.
What does PET stand for?
PET stands for Privacy Enhancing Technologies (Symposium)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PET
We have 367 other meanings of PET in our Acronym Attic
- Precision Electric Turret
- Precision End Trimmed (lumber)
- Preemptive Targeting
- Preliminary English Test
- Preservative Efficacy Test
- Presidential Electoral Tribunal (Philippines)
- Prevention, Education and Training
- Primary Economic Term (stock market transaction reporting)
- Print Enhancement Technology
- Priority Encoding Transmission (algorithm)
- Privacy Enhancing Technology
- Process Enhancement Team
- Product Enterprise Team (US Navy)
- Production Environmental Test
- Productivity Enhancement and Technology
- Professional Employment Training
- Programa de Educação Tutorial (Portuguese: Education Program Tutorial; Brazil)
- Programa de Empleo Temporal (Spanish: Temporary Employment Program; Mexico)
- Programming Environment and Training (HPCMP)
- Project Execution Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are also indications that privacy enhancing technologies might reduce the costs for complying with data protection laws (Interior 2004).