Eight principles of instruction discussed by Swanson (1999), derived from the literature on cognitive, learning, and memory, serve as guidelines for implementing and evaluating cognitive strategy instruction and should be considered in future research investigating "evidence-based practices.
What does POI stand for?
POI stands for Principles of Instruction
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of POI
We have 105 other meanings of POI in our Acronym Attic
- Pole of Inaccessibility (geography)
- Polygons Of Interest
- Poor Obfuscation Implementation
- Position of Interest
- Postoperative Ileus (gastroenterology)
- Prevention of Injury (military detention; US DoD)
- Price on Inspection (various companies)
- Pride On Ice (website)
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Principal Operations Inspector
Samples in periodicals archive:
The age range of children served requires that the Level I and H Program covers principles of instruction from infancy through the transition process of young adults into the post-secondary system (Birth-22 years).
Social and cognitive research on learning and research in the content areas converge toward several principles of instruction that support the development of deep understanding in learners.