The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), responding to these initial concerns and anticipating future criticism of the existing curriculum, developed the Principles and Standards for School Mathematics (hereafter referred to as Principles and Standards).
What does PSSM stand for?
PSSM stands for Principles and Standards for School Mathematics
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSSM
We have 42 other meanings of PSSM in our Acronym Attic
- Public Safety Savings and Loan Association, Inc. (Quezon City, Philippines)
- Philippine Secondary Schools Learning Competencies
- Postgraduate Staff Student Liaison Committee (postgraduate student forum; University of Kent; Canterbury, Kent, UK)
- Pertubuhan Seni Silat Lincah Malaysia (college)
- Philips Solid State Lighting Solutions, Inc.
- Packet Switch Service Module
- Panasonic System Solutions Marketing Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy
- Position Specific Scoring Matrix (Protein/DNA sequence comparison)
- Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon
- Psychological State of Stress Measure
- Pyramid Spiritual Societies Movement (India)
- Paper Shipping Sack Manufacturers Association
- Partnership for Social Sciences in Malaria Control (UK)
- Puget Sound Salmon Management Plan (Washington)
- Preservice Secondary School Mathematics Teachers
- Penn State Sports Network (radio)
- Personnel Specialist Seaman (USN Rating)
- Plasma Science Society of Nepal
- Pocket-Sized Spiral Notebook
Samples in periodicals archive:
Moreover, the whole group process fostered cognitive mathematical development and autonomous learning, as the Principles and Standards for School Mathematics champion (NCTM, 2000).
In the Principles and Standards for School Mathematics (NCTM, 2000), the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics state that "Effective teachers realize that the decisions they make shape students' mathematical dispositions and can create a rich setting for learning" (NCTM, 2000, p.
A research companion to principles and standards for school mathematics (pp.
The benefits include the following: Students become aware of the importance of standards used in the mathematics framework of the State of California and those published in Principles and Standards for School Mathematics (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, 2000).