4bn for all six "Daring" class destroyers* Weight 8,000 tons * Speed 27 knots plus * Armament Principal Anti-Air Missile System.
What does PAAMS stand for?
PAAMS stands for Principal Anti-Air Missile System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of PAAMS in our Acronym Attic
- Portus Alternative Asset Management, Inc.
- Positive Aurora Airport Management (Oregon)
- Prince Albert Aero Modellers (Canada)
- Principle Anti-Air Missile system (UK, France, Italy)
- Product Authorization Amendment
- Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan
- Protocol for Acceptance of Alternate Methods (Canada)
- Provincetown Art Association and Museum (Provincetown, MA)
- Pen Argyl Area Music Association
- Pan African Airlines Nigeria
- Physician Assistant AIDS Network
- Political Advanced Analysis Network (software)
- Positive African-American Network
- Public Administration Association of Nepal (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Pakistani American Association of North America
- Philippine American Association of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC)
- Pennsylvania Air National Guard
- Professional Association of Artistic Nude Photographers
- Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Daring will not get its new principal anti-air missile system (PAAMS) until 2011, although the MoD believe it could be deployed earlier in an emergency.
The multi-purpose destroyer, which will come into service in 2009, is fitted with the Principal Anti-Air Missile System, which is designed to provide airspace cover for hundreds of miles around.
Other programs currently under active consideration for integration into OCCAR are the A400M military transport aircraft and the ship-borne Principal anti-air missile system.
4m Weight - 8,000 tons Speed - 27 knots plus Armament - PAAMS system - principal Anti-Air Missile System - (twice as powerful as HMS Cardiff).