Participants were different in each of the three groups, but included:John Devens, former mayor of Valdez; Rick Steiner, a University of Alaska Fairbanks professor and marine conservation specialist who also specializes in setting up citizen oversight groups worldwide; Prince William Sound Science Center staff; Cordova Chamber of Commerce; Copper River Seafoods; World Wildlife Fund; sociologists; anthropologists; biologists; and an Anchorage Police Department chaplain.
What does PWSSC stand for?
PWSSC stands for Prince William Sound Science Center (Cordova, AK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Prince William Soccer Referees Association (Virginia)
- Prince William Sound Regional Citizens Advisory Council (represents communities affected by oil industry decisions; Alaska)
- Person Who Shall Remain Nameless
- Peak Wall Shear Stress (cardiology)
- Performance Weapon System Specification
- Piped Water Supply Scheme (Indonesia)
- Public Water Supply Supervision Program
- Public Water Supply System
- Public Water System Supervision
- Punjab Water Supply and Sewerage Board
- Pilot Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Public Water Systems Supervision Program (Navajo Nation Environmental Protection Agency; Window Rock, AZ)
- Pangea World Service Team (University of Michigan)
- Panstwowa Wyzsza Szkola Teatralna (Polish: High School Drama; Krakow, Poland)
- Peacetime Wartime Support Team
- Potokowej Wymiany Sieci Trakcyjnej (Polish: Traction Pipelined Exchange Network; trains)
- Prince of Wales Sea Training School (UK)
- Panstwowa Wyzsza Szkola Zawodowa w Krosnie
- Bremerton, WA, USA - Municipal (Airport Code)
- Paper-Work Transaction
Samples in periodicals archive:
Additional partners in this project include the San Francisco Bay Estuary Field Station of the US Geological Survey/Western Ecological Research Center and the Prince William Sound Science Center of Cordova, Alaska.
5 to 14 Prince William Sound Science Center Working with local marine scientists and educators, students will participate in hands-on, science-based activities that increase their knowledge of coastal and marine ecosystems.
Whatever scale and whether alone or combined with the Copper River Delta Institute, as is being considered, the Prince William Sound Science Center offers a means of learning more about the subarctic region in and around the sound.