The engines are being packaged with generators to create 265 kW prime power units that provide an economical interim solution at exploration and production sites in the Dakotas, Wyoming and Montana, until grid power is brought in.
What does PPU stand for?
PPU stands for Prime Power Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PPU
We have 74 other meanings of PPU in our Acronym Attic
- Post Processing Unit
- Postpartum Unit
- Power Processing Unit (solar electric propulsion)
- Powerplay Unit (hockey)
- Praktisk-Pedagogisk Utdanning (Norwegian: Practical Pedagogical Education)
- Pre Processor Utility
- Pre Purification Unit
- Preproduction Unit
- Price Per Unit
- Primary Place of Usage
- Procurement Policy Unit (UK)
- Production Prototype Unit
- Professional People in Urbe
- Programme de Prévention Urbaine (French)
- Protocol Processing Unit
- Prvi Partizan Uzice (Serbian ammunition company)
- Public Protection Unit (UK)
- Panitia Pemilihan Umum Akses (Indonesian: General Access Selection Committee)
- Program Provider User Address (code)
- Peoria/Pekin Urbanized Area Transportation Study (Illinois)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Indeed, for the past decade, United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) engineers and prime power units have regularly conducted missions ranging from providing domestic disaster relief operations to providing power to state-of-the-art antimissile systems.
The Puerto Rico detachment conducted utility assessments and determined electric load requirements so that prime power units could establish generator farms and USACE could establish permanent sources of power for this key operating base.
In the event that one of the prime power units fails, the backup unit will immediately start, come up to speed, synchronize with the running generator and accept load.
The 249th Engineer Battalion, the only prime power unit in the Army, is comprised of professional Soldiers who are the theater's technical experts on commercial-grade medium-voltage power.