Menstrual irregularity can have many causes, including too much exercise, emotional stress, eating too few calories, radiation or chemotherapy, androgen excess, and medical conditions like hyperprolactinemia and primary ovarian insufficiency.
What does POI stand for?
POI stands for Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of POI
We have 105 other meanings of POI in our Acronym Attic
- Points of Interaction
- Poisonous (fire diamond warning code)
- Pole of Inaccessibility (geography)
- Polygons Of Interest
- Poor Obfuscation Implementation
- Position of Interest
- Postoperative Ileus (gastroenterology)
- Prevention of Injury (military detention; US DoD)
- Price on Inspection (various companies)
- Pride On Ice (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Introduction Fuller Albright first described a condition he termed Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POI) in 1942 when he reported a syndrome of amenorrhea, estrogen deficiency and menopausal Follicular Stimulating Hormone (FSH) levels in young women (1).