16 Kyodo The operator of the Genkai nuclear power plant in Saga Prefecture that leaked coolant water last week reported to the prefectural government on Friday that it has found a broken pump shaft in the primary coolant system for the plant's No.
What does PCS stand for?
PCS stands for Primary Coolant System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCS
We have 999 other meanings of PCS in our Acronym Attic
- Preferred Creditor Status
- Prepaid Cellular Service
- Preparatory and Continuing Studies (University of Houston; Texas)
- Pressure Control Solenoid
- Pressure Control System
- Pretreated Corn Stover
- Pretty Crappy Service :-)
- Prevention Care and Support (various organizations)
- Primary Care Site (various locations)
- Primary Control Ship
Samples in periodicals archive:
The reactor box-up for conducting "hydro-test" and the "hot circulation flushing" of the primary coolant systems is done following the dummy loading.
A pressurizer is a large vessel or tank inside the containment building that controls the primary coolant system pressure in a pressurized water reactor.