A sector analysis shows that energy has the least appetite, with price compared to earnings down 10%, with consumer discretionary closely behind with price to earnings down 9%.
What does P/E stand for?
P/E stands for Price to Earnings (ratio)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of P/E
We have 142 other meanings of P/E in our Acronym Attic
- Pickup and Delivery (shipping)
- Pitch-To-Diameter (ratio - geometric parameter used in nuclear fuel bundles)
- Plasma Level/Dose (ratio)
- Press Die
- Production and Development
- Performance/Development Review
- Period Ending
- Photo-Electric (beam)
- Plant and Equipment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Sameer Bhardwaj Summary: The price to earnings growth ratio helps evaluate a stock more accurately than the PE ratio.