Twelve states--Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas and West Virginia--were home to adult obesity prevalence rates of 30 percent or higher.
What does PR stand for?
PR stands for Prevalence Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PR
We have 88 other meanings of PR in our Acronym Attic
- Preliminary Review
- Presidência da República (Portugal)
- Presidente da República (Portuguese President)
- Presidente da República (Portuguese: President of the Republic)
- Presidente da República (President of the Republic)
- Press Release
- Pressure Ratio
- Pressure Recorder
- Pressure Regulator (valve)
- Preston (postcode, United Kingdom)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The respective prevalence rates reported in the previous survey of 2006 were 6.
He said in the absence of documented statistics regarding the HIV prevalence rate in the transport sector, it is challenging to determine how bad the situation is in Namibia.
A majority of the surveys in urban areas using the criteria of [is greater than or equal to] 160/95 mmHg, showed a prevalence rate of 6-13 per cent, except a few, which reported a prevalence of 15 per cent (15,16).
Public health officials in some developing countries are concerned that increasing the role of the private commercial sector in family planning provision may increase inequalities in the contraceptive prevalence rate by increasing access to methods among higher socio-economic groups but not among the poor, especially if the public sector does not contribute by increasing access among lower socio-economic groups.
96) estimate of I indicates that neighboring districts (within 10 km) have a similar prevalence rate of TB and that the cases are likely to cluster at the district level (24).