For a minute he stared and squirmed in his seat after receiving a whispered word in his ear that the United States was under attack, that the two planes had crashed into the World Trade Centre Towers 1 and 2, and that he, as the nation's Commander-in-Chief, leader of the richest and most powerful nation in the world, needed to do something PDQ -- pretty darn quick.
What does PDQ stand for?
PDQ stands for Pretty Darn Quick
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PDQ
We have 71 other meanings of PDQ in our Acronym Attic
- Policy Data Query (insurance)
- Polynomial Differential Quadrature
- Position Description Questionnaire (various organizations)
- Position Description Quick
- Positive Quadrant Dependence
- Pre-Defined Qualities
- Pre-Defined Query
- Pre-Determined Quantity
- Prescreening Developmental Questionnaire
- Pretty Damn Quick
- Pretty Dumb Question
- Price, Dependability, Quality
- Print, Don't Queue
- Process Data Quickly (credit card terminal)
- Product Data Quality (supply chain management)
- Product Displayed Quickly
- Production Drilling Quarters (oil production)
- Professional Development Qualification (social workers)
- Product Development Quality Assurance
- Professional Development and Quality Assurance (Department of Health; Hong Kong)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And that, as games of Monopoly go, is pretty darn quick.
The truth of the matter is the response was pretty darn quick if you think about the fact that the Coast Guard and a lot of brave kids were pulling 30,000 people off of roofs as soon as the storm passed, as soon as they found people on those roofs," Bush said during an interview with CNN last week.
They move real fast and can load up a jet Pretty Darn Quick (PDQ).
Pretty Darn Quick (PDQ) Temperature Assured Couriers recently took delivery of Citroen Berlingo and Ford Escort vans equipped with Thermo King V-200 refrigeration units, supplied by Marshall Thermo King.
Boys don't (usually) cry, but there'll be tears before bedtime if Kenny Rogers doesn't get his neck-tie back pretty darn quick.
For if they do, Scots voters will cast them into political oblivion pretty darn quick.