Women diagnosed with fibroids on their first obstetric ultrasound examination, for example, were significantly more likely to experience preterm labor or preterm premature rupture of the membranes (pPROM).
What does P-PROM stand for?
P-PROM stands for Preterm Premature Rupture of the Membranes
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of P-PROM in our Acronym Attic
- Peak to Peak
- Pouch to Perineum (distance measurement)
- Point-To-Point Digital Microwave Radio
- Private Personal Area Network
- Predicted Personal Attenuation Rating (hearing conservation software)
- Post-Punk Cinema Club
- Plasma by Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Poly-Picosatellite Orbital Deployer (satellite launch)
- Plain-Paper Optimized Printing (also seen as PPOP)
- Prioritized Packet Variable Spreading Gain
- Parallel Quadrature Voltage-Controlled Oscillator (radio frequency)
- PSUR (Periodic Safety Update Report) Reference Member State (EU)
- Precision Area Navigation (aviation)
- Revolutionizing Manufacturing Systems with Pervasive Computing
- Peripheral Rating of Perceived Exertion
- Pre-Paid Service Control Point
- Scratch Paper (library catalog)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ATLANTA -- Preterm premature rupture of the membranes does not necessarily require removal of a cerclage, Dr.
7fold increase in the risk of preterm premature rupture of the membranes in a later pregnancy, Lynn Sadler, Ph.
Levels of certain cytokines in maternal serum may help predict which patients with preterm premature rupture of the membranes are likely to develop funisitis.
Many perinatologists offer expectant management to women with preterm premature rupture of the membranes (PPROM) in the early second trimester in hopes of prolonging gestation, but management of these cases is controversial.
Giving broad-spectrum antibiotics such as ampicillin plus erythromycin for 7 days to women with preterm premature rupture of the membranes (PPROM) at 24-32 weeks' gestation has been shown to prolong the pregnancy.