Summary: US President Barack Obama has nominated Korean-American academic, Jim Yong Kim, for president of the World Bank.
What does POTW stand for?
POTW stands for President of the World
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of POTW
We have 12 other meanings of POTW in our Acronym Attic
- Peek of the Week
- Pick of the Week
- Picture of the Week
- Pipers of the World
- Pizza of the Week
- Player of the Week
- Poem of the Week (website)
- Point Out the Women (Dota clan)
- Pokemon of the Week (video gaming)
- Post of the Week
- Princess of the World (Barbie dolls)
- Problem of the Week (education)
- Project of the Week
- Publicly Operated Treatment Work
- Publicly Owned Treatment Works
- Punisher of the Weak (gaming website)
- Passion of the Young (festival)
- Person of the Year
- Photographer of the Year (award)
- Picture of the Year (photojournalism contest)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This was made clear during meeting of the Bulgarian Economy Minister Traicho Traikov with the President of the World Trade Bank, Robert Zoellick, and Rudolph Treffers, the World Bank Executive Director for the Netherlands, which took place in Washington, DC, on Tuesday.
uk The president of the World Bank has called for more financial aid to banks in eastern Europe.
Clifton Kirkpatrick, president of the World Alliance of Reformed Churches (WARC).
Paul Wolfowitz, president of the World Bank speech at the U.
Tozzoli, president of the World Trade Centers Association.
Birmingham, Alabama, was elected president of the World Foundry Organization (WFO) during the World Foundry Congress held in Warsaw, Poland in September.
Ramalingaswami the Leon Bernard Foundation Award in 1976, Sir Harold Walter, president of the World Assembly, described him as "Physician, research scientist, teacher, and humanist," a very apt description of Professor Ramalingaswami.